Choosing the right wedding officiant is one of the most important decisions you’ll make during the wedding planning process, because the way your ceremony feels will be something you and your families will remember forever. Our Virginia wedding officiants work closely with each couple to create a fully customized ceremony that celebrates their unique relationship, and we never deliver a generic “cookie cutter” script.Our team of friendly, professional civil officiants and non-denominational ministers perform hundreds of religious and secular wedding ceremonies in Virginia each year, and will create a memorable, heartfelt experience for you and your wedding guests. For more information on our values and philosophy, read About Us. Whether you are interested in something short and sweet, or a complicated interfaith wedding ceremony, we are happy to collaborate with you to make your wedding ceremony exactly what you’re looking for.
We offer a simple, convenient online booking process, and our officiants make planning your wedding ceremony easy and fun. Here are the simple steps to working with Ceremony Officiants™:
- Get a Quote – The first step is contacting us via our intake form so we have all of your information and can check availability for your wedding date. All we need to prepare a quote for your wedding is your wedding date, time, and location – simply include those items on the intake form and we will send a full and accurate price quote in our very first email response to you. Once you confirm you’re ready to speak with an officiant, we’ll match you with the person that best fits your needs and put them in touch with you to schedule an initial consultation!
- Initial Consultation – We want you to feel totally comfortable booking our services, which is why we offer a free, no-obligation consultation with your officiant before you ever sign a contract. Our officiants typically conduct these initial consultations via Skype, FaceTime, or phone and can schedule the call for a time that’s convenient for you. We will hold your wedding date for 10 days after you’ve been matched with one of our officiants, so you will have plenty of time to speak with them and make a decision before you need to sign a contract.
- Planning Meeting – Once you’ve signed your contract and paid the 50% deposit, your officiant will be in touch to schedule a planning meeting. This meeting normally happens in person, but it can also be done via video or phone call as well. Your officiant will ask you questions about what you feel is important to include in your ceremony and get to know the two of you and learn about your relationship. This information will help your officiant in writing your ceremony to make sure it reflects your beliefs and personalities.
- Ceremony Editing – Following your planning meeting, your officiant will write a full draft of your ceremony and email it to you for your review. You can revise your draft ceremony as much as you’d like until it is the exact wedding ceremony you want, and then simply email your edited draft back to your officiant. We want it to feel perfect – if you need additional suggestions or guidance, we are happy to help at no additional charge.
- The Ceremony! – Your officiant will arrive at your wedding early to help coordinate with your attendants and vendors and get ready for the processional. We are more than happy to work with other wedding professionals, and are perfectly comfortable with photographers taking pictures anywhere they would like during the ceremony. Your officiant will deliver the exact ceremony you’ve discussed, and create a wonderful experience for you and your guests.
- The Marriage License – Although it’s your responsibility to get the marriage license before the wedding, your officiant will take care of signing it afterward and filing it with the proper office. You’ll also get a copy of the license for you to keep, in case you need it for your records or on your honeymoon.
We would love to find out more about you and your wedding plans – to find out more about our services or to check our availability for your wedding date, please contact us today!