Music is an important part of many wedding ceremonies – music speaks to our hearts and often evokes memories of our friends, families, and relationships. Since our wedding officiants help to create a customized wedding ceremony for all of our couples, we often get asked for our suggested wedding ceremony songs. Choosing the right songs for your wedding ceremony can create a magical feeling. We’ve provided our suggested wedding ceremony music for the processional and recessional, as well as some modern songs for wedding ceremonies, in the list below.
Many couples choose traditional classical music for their wedding ceremonies, but a lot of couples decide to use modern popular music instead. Another option is to play classical string quartet covers of popular music, performed by groups like Vitamin String Quartet, which enables them to choose newer music while maintaining the “feel” of a more traditional ceremony.
Our best advice for picking wedding ceremony music is to choose songs that have a meaning to you and to your relationship. If you need additional suggestions beyond what we have provided below, we recommend checking out the wedding music section at WeddingWire, the section on ceremony music on About.com, and the running list of popular ceremony music at Hitched.co.uk. Of course, if you have additional suggestions for our list, or if you would like to check our availability for your wedding date, please contact us today!
Wedding Ceremony Music
Wedding Processional Songs
- Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin – Richard Wagner (Traditional Processional)
- Canon in D – Johann Pachelbel
- Air from Water Music – George Handel
- Spring from The Four Seasons – Antonio Vivaldi
- The Prince of Denmark’s March – Jeremiah Clarke
- Trumpet Tune – Henry Purcell
Wedding Recessional Songs
- Wedding March from A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Felix Mendelssohn (Traditional Recessional)
- Hornpipe from Water Music – George Handel
- Ode to Joy – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Hallelujah Chorus from The Messiah – George Handel
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 1, Allegro – Johann Bach
- Rondeau – Jean Mouret
Modern Songs for Wedding Ceremonies
- All You Need is Love – The Beatles
- Beautiful Day – U2
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- This Will Be (an Everlasting Love) – Natalie Cole
- Marry Me – Train
- Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
Have a song you think would be perfect for our list of wedding ceremony music? Contact us today and we would be happy to take your suggestions. For more helpful advice on planning your wedding ceremony, check out our articles for wedding ceremony ideas, writing a wedding ceremony script, and popular wedding ceremony readings. If you would like to check our availability for your wedding date, please fill out our contact form and we will get back to you right away!